Rich's Half Rugger Round-up (14th November 2005)

Once upon a time the Sunbury Centre producd match previews and reports so you'll find all our old ones here ...

Rich's Half Rugger Round-up (14th November 2005)

by Rich H on Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:30 pm

Well, as per usual on international weekends, a social side's skipper has a few options:

a) He can play his scheduled afternoon fixture (foolish)
b) He can call his oppo and agree a postponement (sensible)
c) He can arrange an early kick-off (keen)
d) He can postpone his scheduled match AND arrange an early kick-off (keen and rash)

With local captains using the full range of their options, it is nigh-on impossible to find out what the hell happened this weekend.

I can say with certainty that Reading Vets were totally cunning and had no fixture at all for this weekend. We drank instead.

So, for what it's worth:

Reading RFC

Reading I's travelled to Ding's Crusaders for their Nat Div 3S match having never won against the West Country men. So it remains as they went down 53-13. Happily for the Vets the lovely RRFC bar staff travelled with the support so we were able to serve ourselves.

Reading II's - no fixture

Reading IV's had a league fixture against 'Ensians III's . Not so, according to 'Ensians. So, Reading asked for a morning KO and ended up playing 'Ensians IV's in a friendly. Confused? Me too. They won, though. 'Fraid I don't recall the score thanks to Mr Greene and Mr King.

Reading Vets played their own livers and, as per usual, won handsomely.

Redingensians

UPDATE! Thanks to my secret source deep within the enemy camp I can reveal that 'Ensians I's gave Stow-on-the-Wold a right royal humping at their own ground. The result of 7-8 sees 'Ensians stay top of their league. Still don't know what the II's did (or not), however.

No telling who played whom or what might have transpired with the I's & II's. The rest is a bit murky, too, except for the III's who drew with Abbey III's 15-15 and possibly the IV's who allegedly played their counterparts from the other side of the A4 and lost.

Reading Abbey

Abbey I's travelled to Basingstoke for PG SW1 match and, despite a good effort from their pack, came home after losing 44-15.

Abbey II's took the momentum of last week's win to record a 27-3 victory over Aylesbury in the Berks, Bucks & Oxon Prem A league.

Abbey III's played, er, 'Ensians III's for an official TVIL Div B match which ended tied 15-15.

Abbey IV's were scheduled to play 'Ensians IV's who in fact ended up playing, um, Reading IV's (where's me Nurofen?)

Tadley's website is still feeling the effects of the weekend so full results to come.

I do know that Tadley II's lost 0-39 at home to Basingstoke IV's in the TVIL Div B.

Henley Wanderers RFC

Henley Wanderers I's faced Windsor I's at Dry Leas in the PG SW2E. Both teams fought each other to a standstill. Honours even at 20-20

Henley II's played Windsor II's away - Result not in.

Henley III's played Windsor IV's away and defeated them 15-29 to record another win the TVIL Div C to hold onto second place ahead of Staines on points difference.

Berkshire Shire Hall

Nope.

Newbury

Newbury I's travelled to Doncaster in Nat Div 1 (also of Harlequins fame) and went down as the home side recorded a surprise win 26-16.

Newbury II's - no result/fixture

In a rearranged fixture, Newbury III's faced Pheonix at home and overturned the loss from the previous meeting between the sides with an 18-5 win.

Newbury IV's - no result/fixture

Basingstoke

'Stoke I's continued their good run of form with a 44-15 win at home against Abbey in PG SW1.

'Stoke II's - no result/fixture

'Stoke III's visited High Wycombe II's in the TVIL Div A but could not come away with the spoils as they went down 12-10 (or 12-9 depending on who is to be believed).

'Stoke IV's thrashed Tadley II's at their own ground 0-39. The IV's are now unbeaten in the league this season after six rounds.
Last edited by Rich H on Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rich H

Updates

by Rich H on Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:11 pm

If anyone has an update please add it to the thread or contact me richard@4landscaping.co.uk
Rich H

Update

by Rich H on Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:16 pm

'Ensians result updated.
Rich H

by dom_pedro on Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:47 pm

Many thanks for the round-up Rich. I guess the fixture list may be depleted again this coming weekend.
dom_pedro
Site Admin

Return to Old Previews and Reports