Cork on Friday evening

Welcome to the Sunbury Centre at www.london-irish.co.uk for news and information on London Irish RFC ...

Moderators: Brian W, dom_pedro, PaulHP

Cork on Friday evening

by gabriel on Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:42 pm

There were somewhere between 10 and 20 London Irish fans at the match in Chorcaí on Friday evening. The stand was pretty much full and there were a goodly number in the standing areas. At €17 per ticket for the stand that was a very profitable match for Munster. Particularly as their Ireland stars were missing.

I loved the early breakaway Irish try from loose ball and it reminded me of the LI of some years ago. The dominance of our forwards for a long period was also very pleasing. We also seem to have returned to competing at the lineout. The second half involved nearly complete cast changes for both sides. Munster's pack achieved dominance and made good use of the rolling maul, have failed with the tactic in the first half. But our backs looked sharp and finishing the match only four points behind and still going strong was very encouraging. A combination of no binoculars and not knowing many of the players didn't help me in reporting back, but Myler was very good I though and the other feature of note was our OAP Topsy was on the pitch for the full 80, I think. He scored an excellent try at the end with a deft chip and gather.

All in all, it looked good enough to do the job this season.
gabriel

Re: Cork on Friday evening

by dom_pedro on Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:24 am

Sounds promising.
This cruel country has driven me down, teased me and lied.
I've only sad stories to tell to this town
My dreams have withered and died.
dom_pedro
Site Admin

Return to General Rugby Messageboard