Just topping from Topsy

Welcome to the Sunbury Centre at www.london-irish.co.uk for news and information on London Irish RFC ...

Moderators: Brian W, dom_pedro, PaulHP

Just topping from Topsy

by gabriel on Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:43 pm

The Rugby Paper on Sunday had the headline "Just topping from Topsy but Pirates fired warning".

A good summary of one of the weirdest matches I've been at for a while. It did look at about 30 minutes that it wasn't going to be much a contest and that we would be heading towards 100 points by the end of the match. Wow, how things changed. By 10 minutes into the second half I was starting to worry. All ended well, but it acts as reminder how fickle fortune can be during the course of a match.

As for Topsy, he certainly was the outstanding player. It wasn't for his speed in the chase, his majestic leaps for the high ball, his thunderingly massive defensive tackles, his weaving runs or even his two tries. It was for his dazzlingly luminous new yellow boots. In truth I saw little of the contents of the above list. I still puzzle as to why we don't have someone in the squad who would keep him out of the first team.

Blair Cowan was deservedly the man of the match. He worked so incredibly hard and very effectively. His form this season has been fantastic.
gabriel

Re: Just topping from Topsy

by dom_pedro on Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:35 pm

Interesting "Dream Team" from Topsy in that Rugby Paper - http://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/features ... sh-wing-2/

Not quite sure how I can see it though as I thought it would be behind a paywall.
This cruel country has driven me down, teased me and lied.
I've only sad stories to tell to this town
My dreams have withered and died.
dom_pedro
Site Admin

Return to General Rugby Messageboard