Brendan Venter is back

Welcome to the Sunbury Centre at www.london-irish.co.uk for news and information on London Irish RFC ...

Moderators: Brian W, dom_pedro, PaulHP

Brendan Venter is back

by dom_pedro on Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:19 pm

http://www.london-irish.com/news/brenda ... tor/bp944/

London Irish are pleased to announce that Brendan Venter is returning to the club to take up the new position of Technical Director with immediate effect.

Venter, who ranks among the most experienced and respected coaching experts in the game, renews an association with the Exiles that began in 1998 when he first signed as a centre. Making 84 appearances during two spells with the club, Venter played a key role with Conor O’Shea in leading Irish to its first and only national trophy, the Powergen Cup in 2002.
This cruel country has driven me down, teased me and lied.
I've only sad stories to tell to this town
My dreams have withered and died.
dom_pedro
Site Admin

Re: Brendan Venter is back

by gabriel on Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:28 pm

To say I am pleased would be a gross understatement. This is the best news I could have wished for at this stage. I am also delighted to see Nick, Declan and Paul playing bigger roles. I went to see the Academy team play in Bristol during the season and of course I was impressed by the performance but I was even more impressed by the way in which the three of them worked with the squad before, during and after the match.

I should add that having a doctor in charge is always a major advantage to any organisation!
gabriel

Re: Brendan Venter is back

by gabriel on Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:21 pm

I liked this piece from the Evening Standard and the way it notes the success of various London Irish players in the coaching world. I would be very grateful if Brendan Venter would play the same role with LI as It is suggested he did with Sarries. A decade of European dominance would be just fine with me.
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/rugby/s ... 52001.html
gabriel

Return to General Rugby Messageboard