New Beginnings

Welcome to the Sunbury Centre at www.london-irish.co.uk for news and information on London Irish RFC ...

Moderators: Brian W, dom_pedro, PaulHP

New Beginnings

by gabriel on Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:51 am

Well here we are. The Mammy, RIP, always used to say at the end of a poor season for London irish season; "Well thanks be to Jaysus that we aren't bankrupt, relegated or English!"
As the old song goes, two out of three ain't bad.

I'm looking forward to the new season. I hope to see all my usual friends and acquaintances in Peter's patch, plus some blow-ins from the East stand. I do however hope the drums are accommodated well away from the middle of the West stand. In fact perhaps the East stand could stay open just for them. I like the sound of distant drums. Perhaps in sympathy with the economies going on amongst the playing and support staff we could go back to bodhrans. Or at worst one big Lambeg drum. I do hope our excellent bugler migrates to the West with the crowd.

Anyway, my main purpose in posting was to see if there was any enthusiasm for a Sunbury Centre revival. I'd love to see us make much more use of this noble forum. Perhaps we could get back into match reviews. The ones the club does will surely be just as poor as ever. A travel blog about all the new and exciting places we will be travelling to this year would be another possibility. But mostly I'd welcome the feeling that there are still plenty of LI diehards out there. Even if the pike is in the thatch for the moment.
gabriel

Re: New Beginnings

by Hillbilly on Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:17 pm

What a very good idea Gabriel. Be nice to get the old 'buzz' back, particularly as I'm hearing our new head coach is a one of our old boys.
Hillbilly

by dom_pedro on Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:16 pm

Like the sound of all of that Gabriel ... I have been wondering how much love for this old messageboard there is left. Would be great to see more content on here.
This cruel country has driven me down, teased me and lied.
I've only sad stories to tell to this town
My dreams have withered and died.
dom_pedro
Site Admin

by Hillbilly on Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:11 pm

Well that had more impact than I expected Gabriel, even the Doc likes the idea obviously. Your Mammy obviously taught you a thing or two about timing!
Hillbilly

by AlecW on Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:25 am

Sounds like a great idea to me!
AlecW
AlecW

Return to General Rugby Messageboard