Relegation

Welcome to the Sunbury Centre at www.london-irish.co.uk for news and information on London Irish RFC ...

Moderators: Brian W, dom_pedro, PaulHP

Relegation

by dom_pedro on Tue May 03, 2016 10:47 am

Not really sure what can be said about relegation. Just that it's all very sad. Is there any real hope that Bedford could win the play-offs and save Irish and would that even be "right" if they did?
This cruel country has driven me down, teased me and lied.
I've only sad stories to tell to this town
My dreams have withered and died.
dom_pedro
Site Admin

Re: Relegation

by gabriel on Wed May 04, 2016 1:18 am

Given the awful record of Bristol in the Playoffs that is always a chance. More likely is a less beneficial but still helpful result in that Bristol will be promoted and that we assume their current position as the sole dominant Championship side.
gabriel

Re: Relegation

by paultheplumber on Sun May 08, 2016 8:31 pm

You have to say we deserve to go down this year. Ive been watching Irish for 25 years now, and this is the worst side ive seen. Im not necessarily saying the worst players but certainly the worst side. We ve looked absoloutely clueless at times in the most simple of circumstances.
Is it the coaching or the players. For me the coaching.
If this side stayed as it was I don't think they would be good enough to get out of the championship.
For me, rebuild a solid core of players that we can move forward with and build the rest of the squad around them. These wholesale changes every season, surely, cant benefit anybody. 6 new signings already ?? and these were done well before the relegation outcome.
A couple of seasons in the championship and come back roaring on all cylinders.
paultheplumber

Return to General Rugby Messageboard