Encouraging

Welcome to the Sunbury Centre at www.london-irish.co.uk for news and information on London Irish RFC ...

Moderators: Brian W, dom_pedro, PaulHP

Encouraging

by paultheplumber on Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:32 am

Went to the Queens last night and to say I was encouraged is an understatement. That is the performance that will keep us up. But can we maintain it ?? For me, the key to our side last night was Shane Gerraghty. He made a few mistakes for sure but his No. 10 savvy was clear to see. It shows how important a top class 10 is needed in your side. Look at the difference Andy Goode made to Newcastle.
A firm dry pitch, ball handling was excellent and 68 points.
Our team look so young, almost like schoolboys, if we can keep them they may well build into a great squad. We cant keep having wholesale changes, 5 new signings already....is that good?
What is it with our poor scrum half....he gets bullied by everyone, is it OK to keep pushing and shoving your opposite scrum half? He does have to sharpen up a bit tho'.
Encouraged and heres to Newcastle away....
paultheplumber

Re: Encouraging

by dom_pedro on Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:00 am

Encouraged yes but I'm still finding it hard to be too optimistic. If Saturday's match had been a premiership match then Irish would have once again come away with no points. They've been close and played well some times this season but so often get nothing from the match.
This cruel country has driven me down, teased me and lied.
I've only sad stories to tell to this town
My dreams have withered and died.
dom_pedro
Site Admin

Return to General Rugby Messageboard