Human resources management

Welcome to the Sunbury Centre at www.london-irish.co.uk for news and information on London Irish RFC ...

Moderators: Brian W, dom_pedro, PaulHP

Human resources management

by gabriel on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:16 am

I think the recruitment is going well. No superstars but a steady flow of solid, experienced players.
The latest being:
"London Irish have signed Samoa international lock Dan Leo for next season on a one-year deal."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/26936627

I haven't looked back at the full list but I have got the impression that they are mostly heading towards the end of their playing careers. Not knackered by any means, and clearly have several good years left in them, but the sort of age where, in a few years, some young academy product will be about right to step into their shoes.

What do you think?
gabriel

Re: Human resources management

by dom_pedro on Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:33 am

If only London Irish could sign or at least keep those players that are at their peak. :(
This cruel country has driven me down, teased me and lied.
I've only sad stories to tell to this town
My dreams have withered and died.
dom_pedro
Site Admin

Re: Human resources management

by PGT on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:01 pm

Legend has it, although he always denied its attribution to him, that the late OxonRob once remarked 'London Irish is a state of mind - believe'. Well now if ever is the time to adhere to that sentiment as we are at the start of rebuilding this fine club and restoring it to past glories. It will take 3 and maybe 5-years but the work that is underway now will bring long-term benefits - believe, it will be worth it.
PGT

Return to General Rugby Messageboard