Come see a winning team

Welcome to the Sunbury Centre at www.london-irish.co.uk for news and information on London Irish RFC ...

Moderators: Brian W, dom_pedro, PaulHP

Come see a winning team

by Hillbilly on Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:35 pm

To all London Irish members and supporters.

Next Saturday sees the biggest day in the history of London Irish Amateur RFC. From the depths of the late 90s when we started again in the lowest reaches of the English league system with 20 adult players, the Amateur Club stands on the verge of promotion to the fourth tier of English rugby. Following their magnificent 36-13 victory away to second placed Exmouth on Saturday, the Wild Geese are 10 points clear with two games remaining and over 200 points difference between them and Exmouth. Nonetheless, the title is not won until one more point is in the bag. What better way than to welcome the only side to have beaten the Geese all season, Weston Super Mare, to Sunbury next Saturday at 3pm. For those of you who haven't seen them play, I cannot recommend the Geese more. The rugby is a joy to watch (like Leinster!) and a lesson to all kids wanting to play the game.

We are offering free entry to anyone holding season tickets or tickets to the LI v London Welsh game on 20/3.

So come on down to the old ground one more time to support the boys. It promises to be a wonderful game, a wonderful ocassion and, I have little doubt, a wonderful party. To help the party along, there will be a Marquee in the car park for additional lunches as the main bar is already fully sold out. Contact me if you want to book a seat at the lunch.

The Marquee will then host Irish dancers from 5-6 followed by a live irish band from 6-9.

Thanks

Peter

ps. Gabriel can bring his Mammy for free!
Hillbilly

Re: Come see a winning team

by gabriel on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:44 pm

I told her and she was really touched. But I won't be able to bring her to Sunbury, much to her disappointment. The difficulty being the small matter of a match down the M5 in Exeter and the feeling that while promotion in in the bag for the Wild Geese there is still a faint risk of relegation hanging over The Exiles. So have a wonderful party and keep the fingers crossed that we have a winning team in Exeter as well.
gabriel

Re: Come see a winning team

by Loobs on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:28 pm

A comprehensive win at Maidenhead yesterday, I was getting score updates, which got to 0-64, then 5-64 game on! came through. Irish scored a couple of more after that but picked up a few injuries. Some of that was attributed to the semi-artificial pitch.

The Geese are now recruiting for players for the Nat League 2 campaign.
Loobs

Return to General Rugby Messageboard