we win

Welcome to the Sunbury Centre at www.london-irish.co.uk for news and information on London Irish RFC ...

Moderators: Brian W, dom_pedro, PaulHP

we win

by Huck the hooker on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:55 pm

Hello, just thought you might like to know that we won today with a pretty spirited perfomance. Or were you all at home watching that other fiasco? The Sunbury centre supporting London Irish ...Pah!
Huck the hooker

Re: we win

by gabriel on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:03 pm

What are you on about?
I was at Reading watching a great match and complaining about the blind referee at the England vs France match. A lot better than my visit to Bath last week.

The major talking point today was Chris Hala'ufia http://bit.ly/YR221M When was the last time a 'man of the match' also had the only yellow card in a game?
gabriel

by dom_pedro on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:20 am

Huck the hooker wrote:Hello, just thought you might like to know that we won today with a pretty spirited perfomance. Or were you all at home watching that other fiasco? The Sunbury centre supporting London Irish ...Pah!

I couldn't make it to the game as my youngest son was playing for Tadley rugby club at the London Irish tournament in Yateley in the morning. Well done Huck The Hooker for being a better supporter than many of us here, I'm sure there's a prize for being the best London Irish supporter around somewhere on the web. I have to admit that I've been a poor London Irish supporter this season as I've missed many matches and worst of all I didn't even make it to MadMonk's meal in Mont de Marsan. I feel ashamed and you have every right to cast aspersions on my loyalty.
This cruel country has driven me down, teased me and lied.
I've only sad stories to tell to this town
My dreams have withered and died.
dom_pedro
Site Admin

by James LI on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:49 pm

Sore throat.....and that was befpre the game, tired, cold etc but managed to be there to cheer on a well deserved win.

Haven't been to too many games this season but still go when I can, especially as I pay for 2 season tickets.

From Sunbury to Reading, via The Stoop.

A part time supporter.
Passion in Exile
James LI

by PaulHP on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:13 pm

He must be talking about me as I was stuck at work, having to rely on twitter feeds to keep me updated......I'm so ashamed :wink:
PaulHP
Site Admin

by FrTed on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:01 pm

Sorry I am in a state of absolute shock. I have been signing on and contributing here for years without the faintest idea that we are supposed to support London Irish rugger club.

I thought we discussed the state of the NHS, the Mammy's health, books, dyslexic prostitution (Huck the Hooker), and also fine dining in France.

Many thanks for the wake up call.
FrTed

by Huck the hooker on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:13 am

I think you all have the chance to redeem yourselves as I gather the Holy Father is arranging a post match curry after the Saints match. Just in case you didn't know we’re playing them at the weekend and they play at a place called Franklin’s Gardens which is in Northampton. (I think that’s up in Yorkshire somewhere)
However, I would be quick to book your place as I believe he has recently slipped his CV into the Vatican.
Interestingly, Hoffloofia will not be taking part in that match as he will still be in detention. So the MOM accolade carries about as much weight as Sean Edwards did in his role as defense coach.
When I originally posted this thread the last post anywhere on the site was on 19 February.
This is a shocking supporters’ forum!
Huck the hooker

by dom_pedro on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:47 pm

Ah so you posted a mildly contentious slur to shake things up a bit and get us out of our Shackleton's High Seat Chairs and back posting on the SC? Well it seems to have worked I'll say that much and you definitely have my vote for supporter of the season, though I bet you don't get on the telly as much as bisach or MadMonk so you've no chance of winning it.

This is a shocking supporters’ forum!

I think you've mixed us up with the OrderOfTheOddShapedBall ... I believe that shocking is their aim at least.

Shouldn't Northampton be just north of Southampton? That would make it a much more appetising place to visit I imagine and at the very least the round trip would be shorter.

With regard to Chris Hassel'ufia's MOM accolade, I can't imagine they've ever carried much weight even if it was Stuart Barnes himself that gave it to him on this occasion. I believe they are usually chosen by some pissed up corporate type in a corporate box who managed to listen to the stadium announcements once during the entire match and picked out the name that he can remember.
This cruel country has driven me down, teased me and lied.
I've only sad stories to tell to this town
My dreams have withered and died.
dom_pedro
Site Admin

by Loobs on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:58 am

Well, we won again. Oh, that was last week.

We drew and were lucky to do so.
Loobs

Return to General Rugby Messageboard