Captain Geraghty

Welcome to the Sunbury Centre at www.london-irish.co.uk for news and information on London Irish RFC ...

Moderators: Brian W, dom_pedro, PaulHP

Captain Geraghty

by gabriel on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:17 am

The small crowds of the last two weekends have enjoyed some very good rugby. Four wins in a row is good news as we build momentum towards the second half of the season.

What is most interesting is Shane Geraghty's performance as captain. I have never been a great fan but he does now look like the real thing. It was an overall team effort but he did make it hum along nicely.

The Mammy is very pleased as she always had soft spot for him and was very upset when he went to what she terms "the so-called Saints". She says, says she; "There is greater rejoicing in heaven over one number 10 brought to redemption than a whole load of props."
gabriel

Re: Captain Geraghty

by dom_pedro on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:37 am

Very enjoyable game yesterday and no shortage of passion from either set of players even though it's such a poor excuse for a competition. I have to admit to being very surprised when Geraghty was announced as captain but he did put in a fine performance as 10 and captain I thought. It would be great if Irish can progress in this tournament regardless of its worth so a good result on Friday against Cardiff would be very welcome. This undefeated run must have a positive impact on the confidence of the team which can only help with the important task of Premiership survival.
This cruel country has driven me down, teased me and lied.
I've only sad stories to tell to this town
My dreams have withered and died.
dom_pedro
Site Admin

Re: Captain Geraghty

by Loobs on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:29 pm

Have to say it was a great performance from Shane and the team. Shane led from the front and the quick ball from the breakdown gave him time to be creative.
Loobs

Return to General Rugby Messageboard