London Irish promoting children's health with Greggs???

Welcome to the Sunbury Centre at www.london-irish.co.uk for news and information on London Irish RFC ...

Moderators: Brian W, dom_pedro, PaulHP

London Irish promoting children's health with Greggs???

by gabriel on Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:26 pm

Amazing things do happen. Seeing London Irish promoting children's health, sponsored by Greggs, is clearly one.

Diet is the main cause of childhood obesity and the more attention that is drawn to that fact and the importance of health y eating the better. Greggs sponsoring a programme trying to promote the importance of physical activity in tackling childhood obesity is a classic diversion tactic.
gabriel

Re: London Irish promoting children's health with Greggs???

by dom_pedro on Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:11 pm

On the one hand a good programme for LI to be involved in but you'd think that there were more appropriate partners than Greggs. It would seem to be just PR for a company like that, wouldn't it?

Having said that anything that "will offer thousands of children the opportunity to learn more about making healthier food choices and get active through playing tag rugby" has got to be a good thing.
This cruel country has driven me down, teased me and lied.
I've only sad stories to tell to this town
My dreams have withered and died.
dom_pedro
Site Admin

Re: London Irish promoting children's health with Greggs???

by PaulHP on Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:51 pm

Greggs actually do a lot for local communities, it's not matches sausage rolls. They help a number of schools in the country run breakfast clubs, ensuring that children get a good start to the day.

I am surprised that you haven't complained about the Paddy's whiskey sponsorship instead!

https://www.greggsfoundation.org.uk
PaulHP
Site Admin

Return to General Rugby Messageboard